Do You Need Transport Protection?

Truck insurance

Whether you are an owner operator or manage an entire fleet of trucks, you need to carry truck insurance. Not only is it a part of federal regulations for acquiring your license, but it also protects your business both legally and financially in a liability situation that could destroy your efforts. The most comprehensive policy will address serious areas of concern for the busy trucker.

Who Needs Insurance

There is a wide variety of positions in the trucking industry, just as there are several different vehicle options. Quality coverage is useful for those operating:

  • Dump trucks
  • Flatbeds
  • Dry vans
  • Refrigerated trucks
  • Tanker trucks
  • Containerized freight

Areas of Service

Whether the routes you run are local or across the country, the need for truck insurance is the same. Different liabilities may be present with long-range transport, but all truckers encounter challenges with the safety of delivery and accident coverage. A general truckers liability policy will help cover areas of theft or vandalism, as well as accidents that can occur on the road, in parking lots or rest stops. It also covers accidents occurred during loading or unloading.

The trucking industry is a competitive field, but you can secure a long-term advantage through the right insurance policy. In addition to coverage for vehicle accidents, load theft or abandoned freight, consider a policy add-on for cargo which further protects the loads you carry.